Piloting clean power supply devices in construction and urban green care to reduce emissions from portable machines (LIFE CLEANAIRMM – LIFE18 ENV/DE/000054)
About the project
The project “Piloting clean power supply devices in construction and urban green care to reduce emissions from portable machines” is co-financed by the EU through the LIFE Program.
The LIFE program is the EU’s funding instrument for the environment and climate action. Our project was accepted as a part of the climate action in the areas of energy efficiency and further development of related environmental policies within the cities within the European Union.
Duration of the project is 1.9.2019-2022, news and summary reports of the actions will be published in the pressroom section. The reporting and progress of this project is followed by EU Life Neemo Climate Change monitoring team.
- to pilot 100 portable Battery-Power Supply Systems (BPSS) in the European cities to substitute conventional fuel driven generators.
- to validate the large-scale use of this technology for the power supply of small electric machines (e.g. plate compactors, grinders, stone cutting machines, welders, demolition hammers, lighting, etc.).
- to promote the use of clean power supply instead of fuel driven generators (diesel/petrol) and to significantly reduce local emissions from construction and green care in urban areas.
- to increase visibility, acceptance and willingness-to-buy in the industry.
- to influence green City procurement practices within the cities in EU.
Environmental benefits and results are calculated versus a common fuel generator at a size of 3-5kW for professional use. Such generators typically use 2.23 liters of fuel (petrol or diesel) causing well-to-wheel emissions of 6,8kg CO2-eq per day. By using Battery-Power Supply System instead of the generators the Cities will cut the local emissions to zero.
The Hessian Agency for Nature Conservation, Environment and Geology (HLNUG) provides professional expertise for nearly all issues concerning water, soil and air and is acknowledged as a reliable and competent partner working with numerous projects across the EU, in cooperation with universities and companies. As a technical and scientific authority, HLNUG is in charge of environmental monitoring and advising ministries and other authorities in Germany and abroad.
In this project HLNUG is in charge of recording, collection, processing and evaluation of environmental data. Based on the evaluated data, HLNUG advises authorities as well as enterprises and develop concepts and recommendations.